Established July 1999
At Dragons & Daffodils Cakes, I firmly believe that choosing the wrong cake maker for your wedding can have disastrous results.
Each happy couple is different and there will be a cake maker out there to suit everyone. This could be determined by style of cake, location, delivery availability or even personality of the company
Browse through the albums and I can arrange a consultation to sit and chat about your Wedding Cake requirements
* Dragons and Daffodils Cakes was set up in July 1999 by Rhianydd Webb. a home-based business with my school premises in ABercynon for classes.
* I regarded myself initially as book-taught, as they were my only source of knowledge and inspiration. There are many books out there written by wonderful sugar florists and cake designers.The ones that have inspired me over the years include: * Alan Dunn * Tombi Peck * The International Sugarcraft Books *Debbie Brown * Lindy Smith Actually, the list is endless, I am always buying new books. Since then, I have been very lucky to be able to study Intermediate Cake Decoration and Beginners sugar flowers under the very talented Janet Side and received Distinction for both. I have also attended day courses with Alan Dunn, John Costello, Carlos Lischetti, Mary Presicci and Kim Wiltjer
* I have written magazine tutorials since 2001.
* 2019 saw the release of my first book "Cyril's Cake Adventure"
Teaching and Demonstrating
I am an accredited demonstrator for the British Sugarcraft Guild.
I have always loved teaching and have taught both private classes and for Rhondda Cynon Taff Adult Education, for which I was delighted to win the NIACE Tutor Award for my area.
I am a judge for Cake International
* I was honoured to be a runner-up for Celebration Cake maker of the Year 2007 at the Baking Industry awards, an experience I won't forget.
* I won Gold in the Wedding Cake Category at the biggest Cake show in the world - Cake International November 2014 with the Cake featured left, then gold & 1st place at Cake International London March 2015. Since then, I now have a number of Gold medals for my cakes from BSG competitions, Cake International and Salon Culinaire.
* I won the category of Best Cake for South and Central Wales in the 2014 Welsh National Wedding awards and was a finalist for 2015, 2013 and 2012
* I was named one of the UK top 10 cake artists of 2018 by Cake Masters magazine
* visit the Awards page for images.